- Attiguppe Prabhakar: Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Bapuji Dental College & Hospital, Davangere, Karnataka, India.
- Chandrashekar Yavagal: Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Maratha Mandal’s Nathajirao G. Halgekar Institute of Dental Sciences & Research Centre, Belgaum, Karnataka, India.
- Aim: To compare and evaluate morphological changes and bacterial deposits in primary carious molars after caries excavation with Carie-Care, erbium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet (Er:YAG) laser, and round tungsten carbide bur.
- Conclusion: Among the three different methods of caries excavation, Er:YAG laser was found to be more effective compared with Carie-Care and round tungsten carbide bur.
- Clinical significance: Laser-induced caries excavation by Er:YAG laser and chemomechanical method of caries removal by Carie-Care can be considered as future of noninvasive pediatric and preventive dentistry.